That awkward moment...when it's the day before your final...and you just started studying for it. DON'T BE THAT PERSON!!Let's face it. When it comes to studying for finals, there's a million other things that you'd rather be doing...I mean really, anything.WE WOULD DO ALL OF THESE THINGS BEFORE ACTUALLY STUDYING:play with our petscheck emailscheck InstagrameatWatch Youtubeeat some moreget on Facebookrant on Twitter about finals& because we haven't wasted enough time yet, we take selfies with our pets.BUT, procrastinate no more! Here are some helpful tips I've found to be very beneficial when it comes to preparing for exams!
- 1. Never EVER study in bed. Like ever- Majority of students who study in bed, tend to get too comfortable and fall asleep. Whether it be in the AM or PM, you will fall asleep.
- 2. Avoid the internet- The internet = procrastination zone. If you need the internet for notes or resources, I recommend taking advantage of the free printer in the library and printing out your notes. Don't forget about your phones...airplane mode is the way to go!
- 3. Pack Snacks!- 'Pizza is bae' is a phrase I constantly think of when I'm studying (but also in other settings.) Be smarter about your options, and chose healthier snacks like granola bars or fruit.
- 4. HYDRATE- Stay hydrated and always have a water bottle with you. Water is key.
- 5. Color code- Color code your notes & planner! Not only does it keep your notes organized, it looks cooler and attracts the eye!
- 6. Flash Cards- It's a given, but flash cards really do help! I prefer to carry them around, more so than a notebook because they're more compact. Grab a friend and let them quiz you!
- 7. Get plenty of rest- When you think of finals, you think of all nighters...but it doesn't have to be like that! Getting a good nights rest before an exam is extremely important. Having at least 8-9 hours of sleep will leave you feeling energized and more focused for the day.
With that being said, we've all procrastinated at some point in our lives. Hopefully you've taken away some of these tips if you weren't doing so already!
Got time for a quick study break? Check out SM Kittens Salicia & Vanessa take on Club Alkek!
Where has the time gone? Summer Break's a week away! Hang in there Bobcats, you're almost done!
GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU ON THE REMANDING OF YOUR SEMESTER!!!!!
Until next time, Stay San Marvelous!
- San Marvelous Kittens
Author: Salicia Kol